Try Wikispaces Classroom now.
Brand new from Wikispaces.
Pages and Files
Great Fantasy Books
Ms. Doughty's Writing Reference Books
Character Creation Sheets
Rules for Wiki Use
Neil Gaiman's Rules for Writing
Ideas for 2013-14 class
Characters from Triskellion
Villains of Triskellion
Places of Interest in Triskellion
Stories from Triskellion
Creatures of Triskellion
Gods and Goddesses of Triskellion
Welcome to the MVHS Building Worlds Wikispace!
"Legend Defender" by Miroslav "Mirre" Plancak
Through the course of this semester we will be creating a world and populating it with creatures, legends and heroes.
This world will continue to grow and change throughout the semester.
Be prepared to
1) Talk about your ideas.
2) Listen to other ideas and give constructive criticism.
3) Write, write, write, write, write, write, write.
4) Revise and edit your work and the work of others.
5) Share what you have written with classmates and others.
6) Read great examples of Fantasy or Sci Fi literature (at least 4 books).
Create a world, determine it's name, cosmology, and magic system. We will each get a region (yes, me too!). You will populate it with your people, customs, legends, history, zoology/biology, dress and rituals. You will create narratives, at least one of which will be based on the Hero's Quest, you will adventure to other regions and interact with other characters.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"